Monday, July 13, 2009

Awesome Recipe

Hey Y'all!!

I hope this post finds you doing well. Over the weekend I made a Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad for our volleyball gathering and I must say.....Yummo!!

Southern Living Magazine was a staple in my parents home as a kid and now in mine. The July issue shared the following recipe and I had to pass it along. I was a little apprehensive to make it since I grew up on my Mom's fabulous chicken salad. I wasn't sure if I could make an edible chicken salad. No worries now!

Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad
Makes 6 servings; Prep: 15 minutes
Bake: 5 minutes, Cool: 15 minutes

2/3 cup slivered almonds
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
2 celery ribs, diced
1/2 small sweet onion, diced
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp Greek seasoning
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 15 minutes).

2. Stir together almonds, chicken, dried cranberries, and remaining ingredients; serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 24 hours.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and I hope you have a fabulous day!


Creator Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus