Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Colorado Safe Personal Products Act | How Will It Effect You?

Hey Y'all!

I hope this post finds you doing well. Proposed legislation in the state of Colorado could change your life drastically and your state could be next!

I was a compact signer of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics (CFSC) until they formed a petition in favor of the FDA Globalization Act of 2008, which would have more than likely been the end of Cactus & Ivy. I could no longer support an organization that was for legislation based on their beliefs and not concrete evidence that has been in place and continues to work. Our industry is and always will be concerned about safe cosmetics.

Instead of giving you my take on this proposed legislation, I have been given permission to use content from other industry leaders in regards to this dangerous bill. Please take the time to read each one. The Colorado Safe Personal Products Act, if passed, will have a huge impact on you, the consumer.

Donna Maria Coles Johnson, CEO/Founder of The Indie Beauty Network has this to say....

Oppose the Colorado Safe Personal Care Products Act
I
n November, I shared my views as leader of IBN on the FDA Globalization Act of 2009. This post was followed by a second trip to Washington, DC to meet with Food & Drug Administration (FDA) officials and staffers in the House Energy & Commerce Committee. I have also shared my views on President Obama’s initiatives to earmark additional funds to support small
business owners as our nation faces the challenges of a recessionary economy....read more
____________________

Kayla Fioravanti, VP, Chief Formulator, ARC Registered Aromatherapist and Co-Founder of Essential Wholesale and Essential Labs has (2) posts as follows....


Colorado Safe Personal Care Products Act :: Take Action Immediately
If you live in Colorado or sell cosmetics into Colorado it is time for you to speak up. Colorado has a proposed a bill before them during this session known as The Colorado Safe Personal Products Act. This Act is so broad and vague that if it passes in this form the personal care shelves in stores would go bare. You can read the entire bill here. To follow the bill as it is updated click here and change the range to House Bills 1201-1250 and then scan down to 1248....read more

The Slippery Slope of Bad Science
I live and do business with green practices. Organic is part of our business and how we eat and shop. Natural medicine is a major part of my life, beliefs and history. My husband and I got into the natural cosmetic industry because of my own allergies and chemical sensitivities. I am telling you all this so that you understand that I believe in green, natural and organic in all things. My stance against the Colorado Safe Personal Care Products Act is due to the fact that even completely safe cosmetics using organic, natural and organic materials will be banned in Colorado with this bill....read more

____________________

Two other great posts on this proposed legislation are:

Tunnel Vision by Robert Tisserand, Founder of The Tisserand Institute and Tisserand Aromatherapy

You Can Die From Salt Too by Anne-Marie Faiola, CEO of Bramble Berry, Inc.

I cannot stress enough how important this legislation is to you and I urge you to take the time to read more at the above links. Please post your comments here and/or at any of the other sites. I'd love to know what you think!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and have a great day!






Creator Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus