I hope this post finds you doing well. In addition to being an animal lover, I love nature. I'm also a novice composter, thanks to my dad. This year we did not plant a garden because we couldn't decided where to put it and by the time our location was chosen, it was too late to plant.
The fact we could not decide on a location should not have prevented me from planting a few container or raised bed gardens. This fact reminded me of a great site, Home Farming.
So what is Home Farming? I'll let the creator of the Home Farming site tell you. "Triscuit has created this site with help from Urban Farming, a non-profit organization, to help build a home farming community where both beginners and more seasoned gardeners can dialogue and gather information towards their common mission: to reap food that is deliciously fresh, penny-wise, healthier for themselves and the planet. It’s about home farming, and the everyday joy that grows out of it".
So what can you do on Home Farming?
- Put your garden on the map
- Connect with other Home Farming members in their forum
- Get expert advice from Paul James, their resident expert
- Explore their crop guide - vegetables and herbs no home farm should be without
- Watch videos on starting and tending to your bountiful harvest
Thanks for stopping by y'all. I hope you have a fabulous fall day!