Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Give Thanks

Hey Y'all!

Long time no write. I do apologize for falling down on the job. Last week the dreaded stomach virus jumped on me and it took me all week to shake it loose. I am back now and feeling like a champ and I hope this post finds you doing well and preparing for family, friends and food!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. My appetite has never been more prepared for a day full of yummy goodness. As I sit here thinking of all the things I need to do to prepare for the big day, I can't help but include in my thoughts, those who will not have family to gather with, much less, a Thanksgiving meal.

As I mentioned in my post on poverty, Prevo and I give to the Harvest Hope Food Bank throughout the year and during the holidays, we always give more. I couldn't imagine living a life without the bare necessities of comfort, food, water and home. It crosses my mind frequently why I have never won the lottery because I could and would do so much for so many. Until or if that day ever comes, Prevo and I will continue to do our part to help those who are less fortunate than us.


Every day, I am thankful for much in my life. The words I speak at night, before I lay my head down, are those of thanks. I am thankful for the sun and the moon, the air that we breathe. I am thankful for my husband, family and friends. I am thankful that I was raised by two loving parents. I am thankful for the roof over my head and the clothes on my back. I am thankful for the food that we bless at each meal for the nourishment of our bodies. I am thankful for the hard knocks, for they have helped mold me into the individual I am today. I am thankful for my health and the health of my husband, family and friends. I am thankful for Harvest Hope Food Bank, for they feed so many. I am thankful to all the new people I have met online through Twitter and Indie Beauty, to name a few. I am thankful to be living in a country where I am free to own my own business. I am thankful for each of you reading this post. I am thankful for my customers. Without you, Cactus & Ivy would not be a reality.

I have so much to be thankful for and I pray that one day, there will not be an individual on this earth that has to spend Thanksgiving or any day, without the ones they love, food on the table, a roof over their head or a house to call home.


Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Lisa M. Rodgers
Creator-Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus