Friday, January 29, 2010

Cruelty Free | That's How I Roll

Hey Y'all!!

I hope this post finds you having a wonderful day. Those of you that are familiar with Cactus & Ivy know our products are cruelty free.

We have never tested our products on animals and we never will. We also will not purchase raw ingredients from suppliers who don't adhere to the same standard. Willing family members and friends have happily stepped up to the plate to test drive Cactus & Ivy natural bath and body products.

As the CEO of Cactus & Ivy, I have signed PETA's Statement of Assurance which states I do not test our ingredients, formulations or finished products on animals. I am proud to be a part of the Caring Consumer program and proudly use the logo above on our labels, website and literature.


The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program is another organization I am proud to be a part of. Every year, I recommit to the Corporate Standard of Compassion for Animals, as well as my raw material suppliers do.

Being cruelty free also means something else to me. Anyone who knows me, knows I have a very soft spot for the fuzzy, cuddly and sweet. Especially when they are lost, abandoned or abused. If I can't take them in, I make it my life's mission to find them a loving place to live with plenty of food, water and love for the nourishment of their body and soul.

Wednesday, this cute little puppy was caught under the chain link fence at Prevo's office. One of the guys rescued her and brought her to Prevo's office. Naturally, my lover gene of all things fuzzy, cuddly and sweet took over. They gave me a box and Prevo found a towel. I put her in the box and told everyone to keep an eye on her. She appeared dehydrated and looked like she hadn't eaten in weeks. I rushed over to the nearest store and picked her up puppy food and a water/food dish combo.

I returned to hubs office and placed her in front of the food and water. She wouldn't eat or drink. So, I scooped her up and wiped her down with a damp wash cloth and then held her in my lap. After an hour, I placed her in the box with a few nibbles of food and walked away. When I returned a few minutes later, she had eaten. YAY!! I continued to place more nibbles in front of her and she gobbled them down. Prevo cut the bottom off a styrofoam cup and filled it with water. I placed it in front of her and she drank it all. Awe, I was so happy for the little gal my heart felt like it would explode.

Next on the to do was to find her a loving home. Our dogs died years ago and we weren't equipped for a dog. Luckily, I was connected with Denise Holcomb, Founder of All Gods Creatures Pet Rescue and Adoption in Johnston, SC. AGC is registered as a public charity 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization which depends on in-kind support from donations, special event fundraisers, grants and rescue/adoption related contributions. I took the sweet pup to Denise Wednesday evening, supplied her with a donation to help for the care of the cuddly pup and also gave her the bag of puppy food and dish combo. I gave Denise a hug and thanked her for what she was doing for the creatures without a voice. As I headed back home, tears filled my eyes from knowing the sweet black puppy that captured my heart earlier in the day would be well taken care of.

So there ya have it. Cruelty free is how I roll, both in my personal and professional life and I wouldn't have it any other way! There is nothing sweeter in this world than the love you receive from an animal. Their love is unconditional. The next time you want a dog or a cat, please consider an animal shelter or pet rescue. You will find an abundance of animals ready to give and receive love.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day y'all! Hope your weekend ROCKS!



Creator Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus