I hope this post finds you having a fabulous Friday. My apologies for being a slacker, yet again in the posting department.
Yesterday I received an email asking all soapmakers to answer the call by sending any soap they could spare to help with the devastation in Haiti. Naturally, I went right to work on it!
Clean the World, a fabulous organization founded in 2009 by Shawn Seipler and Paul Till. Taken from their website, their mission is: "Through the collection, recycling and distribution of soap and shampoo products discarded by hotels every day, Clean the World is dedicated to preventing millions of deaths caused by acute respiratory infection and diarrheal disease."
Cactus & Ivy is shipping the remainder of its soap inventory today to help with the relief efforts in Haiti. My life and the lives of my family and friends are truly blessed compared to the people of Haiti. Prevo and I have already donated money and sending soap was a no-brainer for me.
If you would like to donate, there are several options that come to mind:
- $10 donation via your cell phone to the Red Cross by texting "Haiti" to 90999 or make a donation via their website.
- $5 donation via your cell phone to the Yele Earthquake Fund by texting "YELE" to 501501 or make a donation via their website.
- A monetary donation to Clean the World. "Every $1 donation will recycle two hotel rooms for an entire month. That equates to 40 bars of soap and 40 bottles of shampoo that will not hit our landfills and water systems, but instead supply 5 needy families with a life saving necessity for ONE MONTH."
- Unicef (United Nations Children's Fund) - "was created with this purpose in mind – to work with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path. We believe that we can, together, advance the cause of humanity."
- Doctors Without Borders - "Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization created by doctors and journalists in France in 1971." You can donate via their website.
Since I have decided to donate the remainder of our soap inventory, that means there is none left for you, my fabulous customers. I will be working all weekend making soap and they will all be ready for purchase in approximately 4 weeks. I apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause. The people of Haiti need all the help they can get and sending our soap inventory was something I had to do.
Thanks for stopping by y'all and have a fantabulous weekend!
Cactus & Ivy