Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Natural Body - Why I do what I do!

Hey Y'all!

Well Fall is definitely here in my neck of the woods and it's absolutely marvelous! I've been waiting on the "dog days" of Summer to disappear and the cool, autumn breezes to blow in. I am loving it! Now to today's topic.

Natural Body - Why I do what I do
As a suffer of Fibromyalgia, I needed to create a product that my husband could use to massage the frequent knots that appear around and under my collarbone and shoulder blades.

Fibromyalgia is defined as 'a chronic condition characterized by widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as fatigue and multiple tender points — places on your body where slight pressure causes pain'. You can read more about this condition by clicking here.

When I create a product, I research the benefits each ingredient will bring to the final product. Especially in massage oils, I look for base oils that produce a good slip without feeling greasy and will penetrate the skin easily. When choosing essential oils, I look for properties of calming, relaxing, rejuvenating, balancing, grounding and the overall feeling of peace. My favorite massage oil at the moment is Mint Jasmine Body Bath & Massage Elixir.
Our elixirs are blended with Babassu Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Jojoba Oil for their benefits necessary for healthy skin, such as antioxidants, vitamins E and C, and oleic acid. The floral aroma of jasmine blended with the uplifting aroma of spearmint make this a completely intoxicating and relaxing blend.

Although Cactus & Ivy has the 'Guinea Chicks' to test our products, I leave the testing of massage oils to me. It's a tough job but someone has to do it! Hey....it also gives me an excuse to get another massage or two or three!

Have a fabulous day y'all!

Lisa M. Rodgers
Creator-Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus