Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Natural Pet Care

Hey Y'all!

I hope you find yourselves having a fabulous day. It is a gorgeous 75 degrees in my neck of the woods.

A couple years ago, I created an insect repellent for horses and Natural Buzz Off Horse Spray was born.
Natural Buzz Off Horse Spray is a natural blend of ingredients to safely provide insect repellent for your horse. Includes moisturizing oils, vitamin E and essentials oils whose properties repel horse flies, gnats, mosquitoes and other flying pests.

INCI Ingredients: Spring water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, cymbopogon nardus, melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil, polysorbate 20, cymbopogon schoenanthus oil, litsea cubeba, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, rosmarinus officinalis, lavandula angustifolia, sulfated ricinus communis, mentha piperita, grapefruit seed extract & tocopherol (vitamin e).


Our neighbor, Clint, was asked to put our new creation to the test. Clint is a farrier and a Team Roper. He uses his horses for work and pleasure.

Clint used Natural Buzz Off Horse Spray for 30 days. The results he came back with were phenomenal. Upon applying for the first time, Clint noticed an immediate reaction the flies were having to the blend. During Team Roping practice and events, his horse gets very hot and sweaty. What impressed Clint the most is the fact the spray continued to work, even while the horse was sweating.

Clint was nice enough to supply us with a testimonial, which reads:

"I have been using the spray for almost a year and have found it to be the best around for controlling flies and other flying insects. I use my horses for pleasure as well as in roping. What really surprised me was the effectiveness of the spray after I worked my horses. I figured that the spray would lose its kick after working the horses in 90 degree temperatures for hours at a time. I have really been impressed by the product, especially since it is "All Natural". I am now and will forever be a customer!" Clint Durst Farms - Saluda, SC

Thanks Clint for the awesome feedback you provided. Since we are having such great success with our horse spray, we will be venturing in to other pet markets.

Every year while on vacation, we have a friend, Cyndi, take care of our home and animals. Before leaving for vacation this year, I was asked to create a dog spray and shampoo that could be used to repel ticks and fleas. The feedback I received from our dear friend was so fantastic that Cactus & Ivy will be offering a spray and shampoo for dogs. I am in the process of creating a name and finalizing the ingredients. Creating a product line for cats will take a little more time since cats do not have the ability to metabolize essential oils. Stay tuned for more information.

That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Lisa M. Rodgers
Creator-Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus