Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Guinea Chick With A Southern Accent

Hey Y'all!

I sure hope this post finds you doing well. It's 69 degrees out and there is a 70% chance of rain today. With the gloomy setting outside, this feels like a fun, getting to know me kind of day! Hang on y'all......

By now, you all know that I am the CEO of Cactus & Ivy, a cruelty free, vegan and natural spa and body products manufacturer. Cactus & Ivy is my baby and I take great pride in the products I create for all the present and future "Guinea Chicks" out there! And, you may be surprised to know that guys are "Guinea Chicks" too. There is such an animal as a male chick!

Now to learn a little more about how I pass the time when I'm not creating fabulous bath and body products. As I have mentioned before, I am the Army wife of Prevo and we get along like peas and carrots. Prevo is definitely the man I am destined to spend the rest of my life with.



Prevo has the higher percentage of talent between the two of us. Prevo is a singer/songwriter and I can't sing a lick. Not even in the shower or to the radio. However, I make a mean body scrub and Prevo's talent in that department is that he knows how to use it. Yes.....Prevo is a "Guinea Chick", the first to be exact! I am eternally grateful that he is willing to be my very first test subject for all products! Woo-hoo Prevo.....way to support your wife! I love you more than my luggage babe! You definitely ROCK!



For fun around here, we are usually gathering with friends and playing corn hole. Prevo and I make corn hole boards as well. There isn't a whole lot out there that we can't do. Oops, I forgot.....we can't shag and we live in South Carolina. Gasp!!

Before Prevo left for Iraq in August, 2005, we wanted to give him a send off that he would remember. We got together with a large group of friends and had the 1st Annual Hog Wrestlin' Event. We even had spectators! This had to be the best day, I do believe, that I have spent in all my adult life. Prevo and I were surrounded by people who know how to have fun and absolutely no animals were harmed during the event. The bruised egos, legs, arms and tail bones were all on the intelligent species and I don't mean the pigs! Many of us, (not me), ended up with poison ivy due to our neighbor making the mud hole in a poison ivy bed! Way to go...genius! And, just so you don't think I am "dissing" my neighbor, the "genius" line came from a radio disc jockey. He called my neighbor that after reading my letter on the air. That's another post I'll save for later.



Any who, back to the fun. Here we are in all our glory. It was a fabulous day and this photo remained on Prevo's desk inside his hooch in Iraq. It reminded him of who and what he had back home. It gave him more determination to serve his country and come home alive! Here's to great friends and good times! Life is too short to take it seriously ALL the time! Oh, and by the way, I am one half of the winning team! Oh yeah! Roy and I won the 1st Annual Hog Wrestlin' Event. Woo-hoo!

So, that's a little look into my private life. To some, it may look a little wild and not for them and that's OK. Prevo and I love life and we definitely live it to the fullest. I am leaving you with this. I will never compromise the integrity of myself, family, friends or Cactus & Ivy to get ahead in life. What you see is what you get! I am a loyal wife, daughter, friend and Small Business Owner. That you can take to the bank, even in today's' economy!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day!

Lisa M. Rodgers
Creator-Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus