Friday, June 5, 2009

Natural Body Products & Donuts

Hey Y'all!

I hope this post finds you doing well. Today is National Donut Day...who knew? The first Friday in June is the day we celebrate the sweet, doughy, melt in your mouth bliss known as the donut.

Now, you are probably asking yourself what National Donut Day has to do with natural, bath and body products. Hmmmm.....let me see. Oh yeah, I've got it. Cactus & Ivy uses oil, cocoa, sugar, salt, vanilla and baking soda in some of our products so I guess there is a connection after all.

The other reason is I love a good donut and wanted to pass along what today represents.
In honor of today, receive 15% off your Cactus & Ivy order with code DONUT09, good through midnight on June 7th.


Now, to the matter at hand. According to The Salvation Army website - "Donut Day was established in 1938 as a means to raise much-needed operating funds for The Salvation Army, and also as a tribute to Army 'lassies' who made and served donuts to thousands of soldiers during World War I. While the spelling of doughnut has shortened to "donut" over the years, the popular donut has been the trademark of The Salvation Army ever since WWI. While Donut Day was observed fairly extensively, especially following WWII, by The Salvation Army throughout the United States, the Army in Chicago has the longest continuous and most successful tradition."

I'm a huge fan of donuts whether they be powdered, glazed, chocolate covered, boston cream filled, fruit filled, twisted, round or the ever so easy, pop in your mouth, donut hole. I could eat my weight in these delicious, delightful, mouth watering treats, however, my hips, thighs and stomach would not be kind to me in the long run. I can actually hear a donut say "through the lips and over the gums, look out hips, here I come"! Hah!! So, I will have to settle for the occasional purchase unless my metabolism jumps through the roof and requires me to munch on a donut or two or 10. Yummo!!

If you are near a Krispy Kreme today, pop on in to get a free, yes FREE, scrumptious donut. Dunkin Donuts is giving away a free donut with purchase of one of their beverages, while supplies last.

Thanks for stopping by y'all and I hope you have a fantastic Friday and wonderful weekend!


Creator Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus