Monday, June 1, 2009

Botanicals and Herbs In Bath & Body Products

Hey Y'all!

I hope this post finds you doing well and you had a fantastic weekend! I love to use herbs in Cactus & Ivy creations. We use botanicals and herbs like marigold petals, spearmint leaf, horsetail leaf, blue poppy seeds, vanilla powder, eucalyptus leaf and the list goes on.

There are many forms that can be used to add color, exfoliating and medicinal purposes to bath and body creations. Most botanicals and herbs come in solid (leaf or seed) and powder form. All of Cactus & Ivy products are created with ingredients that will result in a product with a purpose.



When I created Cactus Nail Balm, I searched for an herb that would be beneficial to the health and growth of fingernails. Horsetail - Equisetum Arvense - In folk medicine, horsetail is used for poorly healing wounds, ulcers, swelling, fractures, brittle fingernails and hair loss. It is rich in silica and silica acids, which are very beneficial to healthy hair and fingernails.

I continue to research botanicals and herbs to offer you the finest bath and body products that will add benefit to your daily routine. If you have a particular botanical or herb you would like to see me incorporate into a product, bring it on! You should know by now that I love feedback of all forms!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and I hope you have a wonderful Monday!


Creator Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus