Friday, January 23, 2009

Indie Beauty Blog Tag Party

Hey Y'all!!

I hope this post finds you doing well. I am presently burning the midnight oil as I write this post. Donna Maria with Indie Beauty presented me with a challenge and now I am stepping up to the plate.

This post is part of Indie Beauty Blog Tag Party. dM tagged me and 4 other indies who must write a post on the topic "Ten Things I Love About Being Indie". Once we've written ours, we then tag 5 other indies. So, let's begin.

1. Freedom
Owning my business has given me the freedom to spend time with my family and friends. I make the decision as to when I take off from work. My schedule can be rearranged if a family member or friend needs my help. It's very liberating!

2. Creativity Is Not Harnessed
My creative juices are free to flow without the fear of being harnessed by an over bearing boss or co-worker. I don't have to worry about someone cutting my idea down. In the end, it is the consumer I am here to please!

3. Woman of Mystery
There are still many people in my town that don't have a clue what I do. They assume I am a kept woman. Hahahaaa! Oh sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's not because I haven't donated products for just about every function in town when asked, or the word of mouth not getting around, I just think some people don't think you can make money making soap so they don't take me seriously. That's ok. I like being mysterious.

4. Introduced to Fabulous Women
Wow!! The world is filled with vibrant, fascinating, exhilarating, intriguing, talented and wild women! Whether introduced online, on the street or a Cactus & Ivy customer, I am a better woman for meeting them! Now guys, I have met some awesome gentlemen too, but this part is reserved for the ladies!

5. Work On My Time
I am often accused of not having a real job because I don't go to a 9 to 5. Nope, my shop is about 100ft from my house. And, my hours could be 7 to 12, depending on what I have going on. That's 7 am to 12 midnight! Yep!

6. No Glass Ceiling
There is absolutely no glass ceiling when you own your business. The rise of my business is determined by hard work and discipline. I've been an Indie for 9 years now and there's no turning back!

7. Giving Creations
I'm a giver. Always have been and always will be. I love to create products that I think will not only appeal to the consumer, but also to my family and friends. There is nothing more rewarding than to have someone tell you how much they love something that you created with your own hands. Also, bath and body products are awesome gifts and I know someone who makes them!

8. Change The World
Being an Indie gives me an opportunity to change the world. After leaving a micro-managed sales job 9 years ago, I vowed that if I ever had my own company, I would never allow my employees to feel what I felt. If I have learned one thing all my years on this earth, it's all in how you treat people. My parents also raised me well! Thanks Mom & Dad!

9. I Decide My Worth
It isn't up to someone else to tell me what I am worth because I set that standard for myself! My parents raised me to be a caring individual with drive and determination. Only I can hold myself back!

10. Life Is Good!
I think that pretty much sums it up!

Now, tag....you're it!

Heather Tallman
Marla Bosworth
Kristin Cotte
Jill Jones

Regina Mowrer

Thanks for stopping by y'all!! Have a great day!

Lisa M. Rodgers
Creator-Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus