Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No Laughing Matter

Hey Y'all!!

I hope this post finds you doing well. This post was born from something I have to do every year. The dreaded mammogram! Now, don't get me wrong. It is a fact that mammograms are needed for early detection of breast cancer and our "girls" need all the help they can get!


According to BreastCancer.org - "Mammograms are probably the most important tool doctors have not only to screen for breast cancer, but also to diagnose, evaluate, and follow people who’ve had breast cancer. Safe and reasonably accurate, a mammogram is an x-ray photograph of the breast. The technique has been in use for about 40 years". So ladies, please make your appointment today if it is time or if you have discovered a lump or abnormality from a self examination.

On a lighter note, I leave you with this thought. In a perfect world, men would have to undergo this procedure, below the belt. I'm just saying! Some may take offense that I am taking it lightly and I apologize. I grew up in a very humorous household, Mom with her southern wit and Dad with his dry, but funny, one liners. I am a definite mixture of both. We tend to handle difficult situations with a little humor. As the saying goes, "Life is short so eat dessert first"!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and have a great day!


Creator Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus