Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spearmint is an Oxymoron?

Hey Y'all!!

I hope this post finds you doing well. The weather is actually looking good in my neck of the woods and I don't want to talk about it much. I am afraid if I say too much, the sunny skies and warm temperatures will disappear. Enough said.

Spearmint is a fabulous aroma and I use it a good bit while formulating Cactus & Ivy cruelty-free goodies. During a massage, I love the intense aroma of Mint Jasmine. It has a rich, floral burst with a sweet blast of mint that immediately relaxes me while also invigorating my senses. Is that an Oxymoron? Anywho.

Spearmint oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the mentha viridis plant and grows well in most climates but prefers partial shade. Believed to be an excellent oil for alleviating fatigue and depression, it can be used at bedtime to promote a sense of calm and relaxation. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that spearmint oil is an Oxymoron in itself. It is an uplifting yet calming oil.

You can find spearmint oil in our Spearcalyptus Body Soap, Cocoa Mint Scrub, Moisture Body Lotion, Mint Lip Service Lip Balm and Body Bath & Massage Elixir. Yep, as you can see, I like spearmint!

Thanks for stopping by y'all and have a great day!


Creator Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus