Thursday, February 26, 2009

What's Your Thought On Fragrance Oils?

Hey Y'all!

I hope this post finds you doing well. Today, I need your feedback on fragrance oils. More and more customers are asking about various fragrances. Aromas that are not made in nature are man made and there are several grades to choose from.

The usage rate for fragrance oils is anywhere from 2-5% of the formulation. Cosmetic and Premium grades are available, they contain no alcohol, diluents, water or surfactants. More importantly, they are approved for use in skincare. Fragrance oils, however, do not offer therapeutic benefits that essential oils offer.

Cactus & Ivy has been using fragrance oils in our Reed Diffusers, since it is quite difficult to find the right blends of essential oils to make the aroma of banana. Recently, I blended various essential oils and I couldn't believe how much the blend smelled like bubble gum. I thought, WOW.....this would be great in a product for young girls. The initial whiff is quite intriguing, however, the linger of the aroma is somewhat sickening. That is not the end result I am looking for.

If a fragrance oil is used, our products would be 95-98% natural (using the formulation rate mentioned above). Now, I don't want you to think I am considering abandoning essential oils completely. I am interested in hearing your voice on adding fragrance oils to the options available in Cactus & Ivy products. Ultimately, in the end, it is you, the customer who makes the final decision of what you put on your skin.

Thanks for stopping by y'all! Don't forget to leave me your comments on this topic. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Have a fabulous day!!


Creator Extraordinaire
Cactus & Ivy
blog comments powered by Disqus